Friday, April 05, 2024

More art I enjoyed making (2022-2023 edition)

 Hey. it's 2023 now. 

pandemic "over" but still hustlin.

mostly been fanart

zine from 2022

Shego here to make a mess! This was for a friend's fanzine - the "Wicked x Lovely" Villainess zine! I really liked working on a more extensive piece like this and my friend and her mod friends really made the piece work well with the rest of the zine.
Some Samurai Rabbit fanart! This show (and Rise of the TMNT) really re-lit my passion for fanfic. I started this blog post in May 2023, but since then I've really made a lot of arts for this show. I will be sharing more artworks from the different ideas I've had for stories in this world. It's based on "Usagi Yojimbo", Stan Sakai's wonderful comic about Miyamoto Usagi, an Edo-period rabbit samurai, but the show is essentially a spin-off with a different take - about a descendant in the future. I made a whole side-blog for rambling about theories and other things, but basically, I became obsessed with this show for a time. I still like it a lot! Just more on my mind this past year. Take this fanart and look at these tiny cats I drew! I haven't drawn cats in a while now since 2023.


I had also started drawing on the phone much more in 2022. Still do, a bit less, but it's a nice way to jot down notes or quick ideas so they don't run too far. I often have a harder time re-creating a specific idea later, so it's good to do it in the moment.













I've also been getting back to my own characters. Re-visiting some older art. Oh, and I believe 2023 was my "anniversary" of art in many ways. May 2023 was actually the 18th year of making digital art and posting it online. Before 2005, I mostly drew MSPaint doodles onto floppydisks.


"I am drawing comics of my character today"

Marra, from Blood Oath, a story I started in 2017 and have been tinkering at since then.

"Arleem" or Arli as I like to call him in my head. Another character from this story. I'm not sure anymore I want to make it a comic, but it's been fun putting my characters in situations.




Now in 2023, I drew things on the phone way more than elsewhere. 






I guess that's it. thinking of posting here more, to make it easier to keep a timeline of sorts up. This helps keep the depression from deleting my memories too keenly. Hope y'all enjoyed these memories ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment